Thursday 19 August 2010

Away days

The bag is packed, it weighs too much as usual.  The gadgets are primed, batteries are being charged.  I even have a vague notion of where it is I am going, although the details are liable to change.

I be Dartmoor bound, barring national emergency, the North bit.  Hopefully I will not be blown up by left over munitions or drowned in a sea of bracken.  If I avoid that then just need to avoid the life reducing lymes disease.  I am less likely to be dragged away by the Baskerville Hound, be pixie led, or fall victim to the Hairy Hands, but you never know my luck.

Bag a few tors, wonder at the prehistoric motivations for stone building and generally enjoy being on my own out of earshot.  How long I am there will depend pretty much on how long I can stand it.  That will be a function of how wet cold and downright miserable I get.

Not longer than 8 days or so though and of course the much needed couple of days recovering.

No comments:

Post a Comment