Sunday 19 July 2009

Walking in blogland.

You cannot fail but warm to a chap that describes himself in terms we can all understand.

Mike Knipe forgets jokes just at the point of delivering the punchline and combines this with a potential weakness for too much pie and beer.  His woes do not stop there, apparently he is a Yorkshireman born in Lancashire.

I follow a great many blogs covering an almost endless range of walking/hiking exotica.  People live on mountains for a year, others do feats so far never done in human endeavour.  A good many can tell you about the relative weights of waterproof bags.

All this is beyond my physicality or my mental capacity but Mike is pitched just right.

Currently he is describing a sectional walk along the Hadrian's Wall.  This I can relate too, even have pretention of one day doing it myself.

He even uses the word repetition in a bit about the Brecon Beacons (I have an idle plan to go to the Brecon Beacons later this year).

Not wishing to put the chap down, but I can relate to him.

All this means Northern Pies is very much a fixture on my google reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment